Monday, July 17, 2023

Then there was the incident with the emu

 



Sadly, my mother well sell 

Anything and everything

Including your soul


Not hers 

Mind you 

But yours.


Anyways there was 

The time my father would 

Sit me down and explain. 


He had just bought 

Himself and my mother

Burial plots.


Did I understand?

I was to bury them in them.

The problem was 


That he did it a number of times

In different places

And I knew jimmy would


By right behind him

Using his name

In order to get the money


A rich spoiled white mans son.

My mother would also 

Sale them to others 


Or at least give them 

The impression they were theirs

After all she had no plans


To use the burial plot 

For herself

And my father she would 


Just throw out at the old dump.

I remember a big party

Shocked so many people


Had shown up for his death

And then I went to sleep

I remember waking up 


To find a strange box

Was sitting next to me

I paid no attention.


And went along to the office.

Later someone delivered the box

To the old house up the hill


The neighbor found it 

Went into overdrive

How could I not bury 


My father?

She took me by the hand

Over to the Memorial Park


Where she paid for his cremated remains

Were put into the rose garden.

I sat there in shock


Because I was really sure 

We had buried him in a casket

In the ground!


Who would dig him up

And burn his body

Throwing away his clothes?


If not Jimmy

Who else would do such a thing?

Now jimmy woke up one day


To find a large bird

Poking and nipping at him

It was like Sesame streets


Big bird

Only smaller

An emu had escaped.


He got tired of it 

And walked down stairs

Putting on his old blue robe


Which used to belong to someone else

And found to his horror

A bunch of packages of Emu meat


On the counter!

His counter had been defiled

He heard the garbage trucks


Walked out with his collection

And deposited them in the back

Just when my mother drove up


She was attacked by the big bird

While she went into shock

At seeing Jimmy walk out


Of the very house he was not

Allowed to be inside.

Meanwhile, in his haste


Jimmy had tied the robe 

With a buckle around his fat belly

It got caught in the dump truck


The buckle part was tangled

With the claws of the machine

The last cul de sac on the route


They took off happily

For home the guys in  front

With Jimmy dangling off the back


Stupidly attempting to free himself.

He was succesful!

The robe came off his body


And he was free!

And very naked.

He thought about it 


For a few moments

Got honked at 

And decided to walk back.


Straight down the middle of the road.

And along came the escaping Emu

Straight at him, agian.


It was not a pretty sight

To see its neck wrung 

With one of his hands


While the other one was doing

Something unexplainable.

Along to the house


We had moved back into

As the lawyers had explained

It was ours after all.


Jimmy is in the habit

Of dropping by

And deciding to stay


Making it his home.

It is now in his wifes name

Not mine anymore 


With no bill of sale

But those country clerks

Are underfed


They will do almost anything

For a free pizza

Or a subway sandwich.


He punished me of course

Once it was found out

That I was the one 


Who had placed the emu meat

On the counter 

It was my fault he had been 


Attacked by the Emu

Laying in someone else bed

It is the same house


On Del Sol court

That his wife evicted me from

After stealing my mother


From the train station

And then calling an ambulance

My mother only lasted another 


Six weeks laying there waiting

For someone besides me 

To rescue her.


No on else came.

And never intended to rescue her

She had sold them out 


So many times in the past

I am not even sure 

Where her parents are buried


Nor my little sister

Most people dont bury things

In the back yard


Although those old houses

They keep tearing down

Might have something under the back porch


When they did not have cemetaries

And were homesteading.

Anyway, she sold her grandparents


Homestead to so many people

I cant even keep account

While her aunt their daughter


Out survived her 

And it was never hers to sale.

Now I am the will stated heir


And cant get on it 

Over  some idiot drug dealer

Who is taking bribes


From women who just

Want their husband dead

Two feet of water


Is not enough for a full grown man

To drown in and multiple times.

He has moved into Buckingham palace


Once or twice

And the Vatican 

As well as the Kremlin


He just wanted to look

Around it he said.

She even sold houses


While they were being occupied.

Such as the one on Long Island.

I saw in the news, 


Some guy is claiming he grew up

In it where he was born.

I know that house had lots 


Of visitors while I was forced

To reside in New York city

They were off to the wilds


Enjoying this prime piece of property

A little red house with green trim.

Hmm, I wonder of Joe


Did not dose off on the porch

Wonder what they will do with 

The DNA they gather from 


Twenty to thirty 

Years ago?

Lock you doors 


Mr. Putin.

Jimmy wants to sleep in your bed

And please don't leave. 


Any strange animals around

Even a cat he has strangled 

Just for sitting there watching him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Three times loser

  Seen as the leader Of the pack Le Pen  Who has already Lost three times With those fickle French Has been seen as the Front runner of the ...