Tuesday, September 5, 2023

What day is it?

 



Again and again

What day is it?

My mother would drift off


She would do nothing at all

We would take care of everything

Then it was just me and her.


We both hated it

We could not stand it

Neither one of us was able


To handle the other one

Each in thier own misery.

She had lived through


The Great Depression

And then World war two

Only to have the family


Not return 

As must of the men

Were now dead


As well as a few of the girls

One of her aunts never came back

Uncles buried in national cemetaries


And then there was that baby brother

Who disappeared on her

He was there one moment


Than gone the next,

Only to have an accident

With the little sister


Those roller skates

She used to carry around

Nun dolls in their habits


She hated school

Those women frightened her

She kept one of the dolls 


With her at all times.

To scare away the other kids.

What day is it?


All those birthdays

We did not clelbrate

But had to be aware of 


Or the others would 

Cause something to happen

Every Labor day


We would arrive at the compound

To find it had been used once again

As a public camp grounds


Instead of a private residence

Four generations of women

It was my grandmothers birthday


And the squatters 

Were told to get lost

Her mothers birthday


Was in June

At the beginning of summer

When they would arrive


As she was whisked off

To some foreign spot

To enjoy herself


Not knowing her larder

Was being raided

And her trifles 


In her drawers 

Were being handled

Some of those people


Don't know  to go inside

A private place

And then decide 


They are going to own

The things hidden away.

Time to go home 


Was the right answer

I was always working

Every summer at some park


Yosemite Indian village

The Jamestown historical site

Or the Cabrillo monument


Where I could see as far as the eye

Only to know it was not enough

Life was never going to be the same


She had boys you know

They were there when 

They were little but not allowed


To stay or there was problems

Suzie and Betty

Just wanted us not to have


Them and kept taking away

The men of the family

Both my grandfather and father


Were dismissed through

Divorce that neither woman wanted.

They did not even know us after awhile


And then they stopped coming home.

Do I have a daddy?

Yes of course 


I have no daughters

I cant have children

I did adopt and do other things


In order to provide

My husband with an heir

He was then too busy


To be around

He was not a bad man

Just always too busy


To stop by and visit

Instead some other little bitch

Would show up


Such as Ashley

The Japanese nannies granddaughter

Spoiled rotten and deserves


To find out what life is really like

Why does he not like me?

It is not that, it is that he cant


Come by until those others go away.

He is not their father 

And they only want to hurt him.


I used to find my father

Sleeping in odd places

He was a Korean war hero


He was supposed to be laid

To rest at a national cemetary

But instead was left next door


To the only person 

Who remembered him from high school

In an urn, having been cremated.


She was not happy with me

We had to find him a place.

I sat their mute


I had not had enough time with him.

My son does not get to see his father

Says Olana Zelensky


Whose fault is that?

If he had not staged a play

For him to be a real life hero


Instead of letting those people go

But Pharoah does not want to give in.

So he has been busy


Killing other peoples

Fathers and sons

None of them are going 


To go home

Why does she not send her son

To Disneyland in Florida


Where he can get lost

And not go home to his 

Real family instead of some


Other people who just want

To be paid for raising him

But have nothing for him.


Not even love

Why does she not go 

Over to the Donetsk wives


Just like they did in Ireland

And cry on their shoulders

And not apologizes


For what her husband has caused

Her son wants him at home!

Then tell him to stop waging war


With his neighbors.

I still cant have children

And Ashley is just asking for it


I am now a widow 

Having lost my husband

In the duration it took


For my mother to die

Of her Dementia and cancer

I have no options of going home


There is no place left for me

And Tara and Janet 

Have made it clear


I have no religion either

They may as well shut down

After all, there will be no 


Birthdays in the future

Most of them will not

Be reborn at all.


The rest will just not know

What day it is.

Meanwhile, I have lost


All those I cared about

I cant even go back

To my career


This Lindsay sits there

Making it clear she has usurped

Me in all my hard work


To do something with myself.

Instead of just laying there

As my mother did, 


Waiting and waiting

For it to be the right day

To go home to our homestead.


Is he still alive?

I think it is best for you to go 

To school


And learn something

To keep you busy

Some day he might


Be able to see you

But life has taken 

A strange twist


There is no end of the wrong

Ones coming over to introduce

Themselves 


He is busy running away

From the wrong ones.

Perhaps some day


He might be resurrected

And you can enjoy a meal with him

As an adult!


That is what life is like

Mrs. Zelensky

When the world turns upside down


You should be ashamed

Of yourself

I don't imagine


You will ever apologize

To the ones who lost

Thier men because


You just wanted 

Your husband to play a part

Instead of being a real man


A hero would have stopped

But it is too late 

For many of the women


Such as myself.

Having lost their families

Or their homes


While little Ashlie's 

Imagine they are talking 

With god since my mother


Died fifteen years ago.

I had that conversation

With someone who insisted


She was my mother

In my strange journey

Since my face was 


No longer recognized

As an honest journalist

Instead of a Mark.


I don't know why

You and my father

Are not getting along


I cant find another place

For you

If you don't like 

The rose garden


In which I found you a place

With each other,

 The woman on the phone


Did know I was speaking

Of them both dying 

And being laid together


She suddenly understood

And hung up the phone.

If only Ashley would 


Suddenly get them message

And disappear from my life.

I am afraid I might never get out of here.


My nephew will be sad

To find I almost made it

But in the end 


It was someone 

Suchas Olana 

Who did me in 


Just as Oleen

Drove me crazy

This one has no clue


Who the rest of the world

Are to her and her son.

Maybe she should teach him


About land mines

As Diana did

Then died


Leaving hers sons

With no lives

Except to marry women


Such as Mrs. Zelensky

Who does not care about

The other side is doing












No comments:

Post a Comment

Three times loser

  Seen as the leader Of the pack Le Pen  Who has already Lost three times With those fickle French Has been seen as the Front runner of the ...