Wednesday, October 25, 2023

What about the other guy?

 



Have you thought about 

The other guy?

How does he feel about it?


When in Rome it is best

To do as the Romans

Or so they say


But what if it is wrong

What if the other guy

Is in fact not right


Knowing when to stay

And when to run is 

Never an easy task


Some do it better 

Than others.

One must feel sorry


For the first guy

In history to go through

Fifteen rounds of votes


To get his seat 

Only to loose it 

For acknowledging the other side


Best to the new guy

Another first for America

Three weeks without a speaker


The leader of the pack

Must be present in order

To conduct business


And pick a fight

With the big guy.

We almost had 


A Tudor elected 

To the third chair

Instead we got a guy


Born in Shreveport

A Russian town from 

Way back


Whose family line

Include the names

Cash as in Johnny Cash


And Boogaert 

As in Humphrey Bogart

Both bad boys


Who kept the line

And made others 

Respect them 


A fireman's son

Who is the better

A fireman or a police man?


I'm from a Forestry fire fighters

We always sigh when it starts

Entire acres on fire


But watching those single homes

Is never easy 

Nor is a building going up


My siblings and I 

Survived a number of close calls

Fires are not our friends.


Will someone go by

And arrest Jimmy

For me?


Please!

I might have to make him

Disappear.


There was this girl 

In school who said

She was my best friend


She was supposed to be 

Lesbian

But had already had a child


And got married afterwards

She made my life hell

In a school whose mascot


Was the Blue Devils

I went to live with my father

The Red Devils


Were their mascot

And they meet on the field 

I always wanted to make


Cathy disappear

I just could not figure out

What to do with her body


I would sit in class

With her at my side

Again and dream


About how to get rid of her

A few times I missed

The Questions from the instructors


But it was just such a strong desire

To be rid of her for good.

I have that same feeling


For jimmy who has outlived

His usefulness

For all those who still use


Him for themselves.

All the harm in the world

Women who want other women


To suffer for no reason

Except for being born.

No one believes a six year old


Gave birth to a baby

But there you are

A dozen surfaced


The same year 

My sister died

Cruel and vindictive


Wish Isreal had not been

Abandoned by the Crusaders

Nor the current ones had not


Thought of life 

Outside the box

Some neighbors always 


Have it in for you.

As for the other guy

He just wants to kill


His enemy and wants

Everyone to do what he wants

Without questioning the true motives.


Sadly there are children

Who will never grow up

Nor parents who will ever


Get a chance to see 

Thier own succeed

Due to an early death.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Three times loser

  Seen as the leader Of the pack Le Pen  Who has already Lost three times With those fickle French Has been seen as the Front runner of the ...