Monday, April 8, 2024

Promises, promises...


 

I was promised

The last eclipse

That I would be


Sitting on the beach

In Baja 

While Mazatlan


Went into total

Darkness

So what happened?


I was told I would

Have to wait

Seven years


And then

I would have it all

Back!


I would not have 

To worry anymore

If I just went back


To San Diego

And left it alone

I am not even sure


If the places 

Is still standing

Everywhere


I go I can see

Juan and Brent

Have been busy


At work

Tearing down

All the work


Of my forebears

They are the 

Foreignors


Father and son

Have no respect

For those little


English things

That say it is a 

Historic protected


Landmark

Just some dumb

Old houses....


Who wont leave

It alone?

I was promised 


It would all be

Over

And it is.


I have no life

To go back to.

My hard earned


Anchor job

Has been taken over

By an unqualified


Bitch 

Who wont even

Acknowledge


That it is wrong

For her to be 

Standing there...


Watching it on

TV

The total eclipse


I first saw

When I was so little

And then the 72


One in Maine

When people

Wanted to drop by


And my mother

Who had been taken

Everywhere as a child


Stood there dumbly

As stupid Suzie

Had taught her


Suzie keeps standing 

Forward as if she 

Has the right


Instead of my 

Beautiful mother

Who became stupider


Each day that went by

As her brain cancer

Got worse 


All because an eight 

Year old named 

Betty A


Just wanted 

To hold onto 

Her belly


Demanding she

Was going to devour

The embryo


Everyone wanted

To steal something

That is no more special


Than it came to a woman

Whose family have seen

No respect at all


From all of these

Horrible humans

Who have German grandfathers


Who were not doing

Anything at all

For them to demand


The right to have 

Something just because

Thier family did nothing


Spilling the lemonade

Onto the ground

In complete shock


As the sun went black

My mother just wanted

To be abnormal


The diva

Stealing the show

All the time.


Four minutes

Of totality

Is what we are getting


Today while waiting

For the bus

I noticed the sky


Was subjected

To the authority

Of something else


If I did not know

Better I would think...

Yes, it was the eclipse


I was told Texas

Not Mazatlan

California got 


A measure of nature

Overcoming the modern

World even loosing


Our cable connection

What would it have

Meant for anyone


To have kept 

Thier promise

Not even my uncle 


John our missionary

Came to keep

His word


But simply drove by

As he refused to believe

I had done nothing


Deserving 

Punishment 

But refuse


To worship 

Satan or the Devil

As Dan F does


Clearly obvious

As he proudly

Wears the shoes


He stoled

From a man

Who was thought


To be to rich 

To miss them

But that was not


The issue

They were his to wear

His to buy


25 thousand dollars

Was the bill my

Grandfather Jack got


Just because Dan

Was six foot six 

Stupid!


What happened?

I have no will inheritance

Handed over to me


By the authorities

Nor a job or career

As even Social security


Is playing the game

That I have no work history

Nor any hope


That my life 

Will now get better

As everyone worked


Against us during

The Pandemic

Those who did not loose


Thier houses over 

Foreclosure

Have instead been taking


Advantage of those

Who cant be heard

How much ruffing


Did I need to get

To this place

Where I know


I have sat and spoken

To people 

But they did not choose


To allow me to know

That they had made 

The effort 


Because they are under

The influence thier own

Family and associates


Who only want to give

The Impression that they

Have complied


But have no desire

To acutally fulfill

Any promises nor wills....


Darkness proceeds

Over them

Til their cries 


Are heard by god

Who has not been idle

But promises a footstool 


For his sons feet

Not my mothers

Nor anyone elses....



No comments:

Post a Comment

A family

  A family there was once A family with real parents And children Also, grandparents We even were blessed With great-grandmothers Widowed an...