Saturday, March 30, 2024

Rocky Mountain Oysters

 







Prairie Oysters

Lamb Fries

Huevos de toro


Meatballs!

Do you know

Where these treasures


Originated?

Or do you even care?

Oh come on


Its been a slow weekend.

I almost got drowned

Out at Pacific beach


I awoke to find

Someone had deposited

Money into my bank account


Overnight

Thanks!

Its only a thousand dollars


But finally after all this time

I have my medical disability

Since I have no work history.


My family used to own

Land in all these tiny enclaves

One of them was this train town


Crystal Pier

Used to  be a ballroom

And a train stop


As well as an aquariam.

It now has all those 

Cottages people used


To build and leave 

On the beach

Now they are all 


On the pier 

Where I used to live

But those days


Of Gary and Tara

Have still not gone away

One or the other 


Was always coming

Through the window

Or hitting me on the head


And shoving me into

A car trunk

The authorities could 


Do nothing

But there was this 

Little beach cafe


My parents 

Began out of thier

House during those 


Days when even the 

Professors at the University

Of California did not get paid.


Finances have changed a lot

Now it is privatized

And does not have to 


Have a fluent congress

To get those bills paid.

They still serve a good


Holiday meal

The rest of the time

It is breakfast by the beach


Or Happy hours

Before Sunset

Anyways it was pouring


Down rain

By the time I got 

There and was being 


Warned by the bus driver

I have been through worse

But there they were


Setting up outdoor heaters

And waitresses waiting

Around for customers


I was one of the first

To walk in and sat

Next to the window


Where I could watch

The water drench

The beach and eat


Real food.

My spine does not

Allow me to linger


It is when i got up

To go that we had

A flash flood watch


I laughed as I headed

Out the door 

Only to find the street


Flooded

I had to go ankle deep

To get through the intersection


Where the bus stop

Was so close

And yet I stood there


Drenched from the knee

Down due to the sudden

Influx of water


My bad.

And I was yelling at the wind

When this guy comes by


Who looks just like...

Anyways I had to go 

Get some food 


It is Easter Weekend

And I was noticing 

The Meatballs around me.


No Ham supper?

Or Lamb?

Hmm, I love lamb


But I began to think

About those days of travel

Where I became a vegetarian


At an unusual young age

While the adults

Were not aware of what


They were eating.

Persia 

By the way is the answer


The meatball originates

From the land of Persia

Which is now Iran and Iraq


The first century

Has a cookbook

Or recipes of their food.


The rolled ball of meat

Was developed and served

It was originally lamb


Different countries 

Serve it differently

The Swedish Meatball


Is supposed to be 

Served with gravy

And suercraut


While Asia uses 

Thier own unique sauces

And of course


Italy adopted it

As its national item

Plopping them down


On top of their spaghetti

With red tomato sauce

All America knew 


Of Italian cuisine

Was pizza which was an appetizer

To the real meal


Which was mainly 

Spaghetti and meatballs.

I don't know what


They served in Italy

But after the WWII

It was nothing but


In America 

The grand great meatball

Of beef rolled in breadcrumbs


Not a gluten free item

There are now recipes

With herbs and apples


To jalapeno and cheese.

Noodles of course 

Came back with 


Marco Polo

From his tour of China

Which took twenty years


I bet he spent time

In prison!

All those travelers


Leave that out

In their stories.

But rice was the ingredient


Of boiled pasta

Thier main staple

Imagine boiling bread!


Thats what bagels

Are from those others

Who were once in the same land


Anyways the rice noodles

Are now all durum wheat

And tomatoes were brought 


Back by Chrisotpher Columbus

To make a sauce

Just waiting for those little balls.


What did they eat before that?

Well, they ate the whole cow

In other words


Cattle which are part

Of Europe's history

Were not wasted


They were also 

Castrated in order 

To develop those bit guys


Not that the Spanish 

Matador would face

A eunuch in the ring


But the rest of them

If they were not 

Producing milk 


For cheese

The girls that is

Had their balls cut off


Testicles are also 

Considered a delicacy

Served in Spain


As well as the Midwest

And even in Asia

Were they use goats


For meat

Ball shaped things

Deep fried


Or sautéed with onions

I also did not eat anything

Suspicious by covering 


Its true nature 

With flour and deep frying

Although I was surpriesed


To find that in England

Thay actually serve

Fish in a deep fry batter


Not bad

Especially if one could

Find a poor propiteer


Who used buckwheat

Or other type of flour

Than the highly allergic


Wheat 

Also from the land

Of the holy ones


And grown in Africa

Where they also serve

The whole cow.


Those dainty things

Are not small

And sometimes


The only thing 

The poor can afford

They probably served


Them in a red sauce

One with blood as its source

Also part of the whole cow


Where the whale was cut up

Into all its parts

For glue and perfume base


The cow or goat

Gave its all as a food source

Ironically in America


Those pig farmers

Were given a separate

Part of the city


These were not the Jews

Who don't eat pig

Who also have those things


But usually Muslims

Who found sheep

Filthy to raise


And preferred bacon

To mutton

The old quarter system


Or ghettos as we call them

The poor will always be with us...

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday


In the western 

Catholic Christian world

The Pope is sick


But his main duty

Is those holiday masses

Christmas and Easter


Get out of bed

Lazy slug

And go out to those


People who keep 

Congregating at the gates

Saint Peters square


Which is not shaped

As a square but as a key hole

Is the main plaza


Of the Vatican

Which is a city of its own

Not under the domination


Of the Italian government

And it was once owned

By France at one time


Which is probably

Where the Swiss guard

Came from


One used to have

To be from Switzerland

To become a guard


In Italy at the Popes place

Anyways the poor guy

Has not recovered


From his respiratory virus

They say he has a cold

But we know he is going


Into pneumonia 

If he does not stay

In bed...


But he will be up they say

And I who have still not

Gotten over my nonpneumatic


Asthmatic state

And have been running

A temperature


Since last weekend

When I missed my event

Will be up at midnight


To watch this guy

Who has not had a good enough

Run of things 


Hope he does not faint

Or worse

But at least they will not


Be serving him

Meatballs!

For his Italian supper


Perhaps he will get

Those tasty dainties

While i still prefer


Liverwurst 

Especially the duck variety

On occasion for my own


Divergence

From fish, salmon, tuna

And occasionally sliced beef


Cant afford anything else

Although I enjoy a good

Beef stew with root vegetables


Are you sure this is beef?

Oh yes, their head nod

Only to find it tastes funny...


Not convinced it is not 

Something nasty

Which is why i also


Prefer salami 

Which lists its ingredients

As opposed to those 


German sausages

Which are not only

Jimmies favorite pig


But also have blood 

In them.

Jimmy never reads 


The ingredients

Nor the recipe

I bet he would love


To eat some 

Fried Oysters....

Which are ???


Well, I am going

To catch my cold

Sitting up for that man


To give his religious mass

Whereas I once lived amongst

The American Russians


Who always made you

Welcome in their community

Now are in hiding....


Well I prefer my meat 

Recognizable

Not round shaped


Shepards pie

Is a good lamb meal

When it is not cow.


As for politics

One can read anything

They want into my delivery


Tonight

There were those three guys

Who walked into a bar


And had to do a stand up 

Performance on stage

Three Presidents on stools


And then there was the other one

Who walked into a wake

At least it was not one


Of those Jewish things

Were one might 

Accidently get lifted up


In the air

Used to hear those guys

In San Francisco


Describe why they ran

Away from home

And preferred walking small dogs


And holding hands

With another guy

Ugh, those women....


Persia was once

A nice place in the old stories

Of rich princesses


And poor thieves

Who had a heart

And never ate another guys....












No comments:

Post a Comment

Three times loser

  Seen as the leader Of the pack Le Pen  Who has already Lost three times With those fickle French Has been seen as the Front runner of the ...